RE: West Virginia certification - Memory card removal audit log

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Guy Lancaster
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 3:05 PM

Is there any information written to an audit log in the event that I remove a memory card from one AccuVote and place it in another?  Is there any internal way to track that a card has been moved?

  We record memory card insertion as a new session but there is no way to record removal because the log is recorded on the memory card.

            Guy

One thing we could do would be to re-write the last log entry with the current time every minute the unit is turned on.  That could give us a "remove/power" log message that was at least good to the minute.

'Course I am not saying we should.  I am just saying it can be done.

Ken