RE: Wyndotte County, KS - lost database

I just tried it here:  its gone.  In three years I don't think I had ever actually pressed that button.  Indeed, It should prompt for a backup, and it should put the .mdb into the recycle bin.  For Wyndotte, their only out is the dbf.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 3:27 PM
To: Support Team (E-mail)
Subject: Wyndotte County, KS - lost database

Kim at Wyndotte County, KS has been working on her General Election, copied from her Primary Election this past Tuesday.  I am not positive what she has done, but I believe that she has deleted the database through Gems, instead of opening the database.  I had her do a search on her drives for the name of the election, and all we can find is the dbf file not the mdb file.  If you do delete a database through Gems, does it save it anywhere else, like the recycle bin, or not???  She needs an answer right away, since they want a ballot out by the end of today.

Thanks,

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems