From: Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 7:41 AM
Subject: Numbers of splits and report precincts in your jurisdiction

I need some statistics on our election databases.  One set of stats for each "area" will be fine.  By area, I mean regions with similar voting characteristics.  If for example all accounts in Virginia have roughly the same stats, just the numbers for one account will do.  If they vary widely within Virginia, then I need a few examples.  Motivation:  I am trying to design a precinct controller user interface that makes sense.
  • What is the average number of base precincts in a polling vote center.   That is, the average number of nonpartisan ballot types.
  • What is the maximum number of base precincts in a vote center.
  • What percent of the vote centers have >1, >4, >6, >9, >12, and >18 base precincts.
TIA,

Ken