RE: Absentee Header Cards? for GEMS

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 10:57 AM
> What you have gained in logistics on the front end you
> just lost on the back end.

By getting sorted absentee envelopes automatically, you haven't lost anything.

'Nuf said.  If this machine can sort thousands of precincts into thousands of little ballot piles, then you are right the precinct id on the artwork doesn't help.  Must be some machine to have an output tray for every precinct.
> That notwithstanding, can you give us an idea of the time/money savings
> Alameda is going to recognize by loading fewer groups into the inserter?

The sorting is part of the total cost to the county of $.65 per absentee ballot for processing.

I think we are missing each other on this point.  If the cost is fixed at $.65 per absentee voter and independent of the number of ballot styles or precincts, then this is all moot.  Persumably we would do this to either save ourselves or the our county labor, and in return either increase our gross margin or decrease their net cost.  Let me get with Dean and get up to speed on the processing details.

Ken