RE: AVTS Units

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 9:33 AM

5 "interim" units have been shipped from elections in east for demonstrations in west.  Several of the units have the same sort of "fuzzy" display on some screens that the older units had (I know these are the same older units in new container).  Will the new design provide for better insulation between ribbon cabling so that the screen interference from cabling doesn't cause this screen display problem?
Steve Knecht

No.  We kinda like the fuzzy display, so that feature stays.  We're also trying to make sure that the printer cable becomes dislodged during shipping.  We had planned maintaining a certain number of card reader lock failures, but this is proving difficult now that the lock is gone.  Perhaps that feature can be brought back in a future revision when time permits.

I presume these are the "Pickett/McLauren" units.  They are not interim.  They are not prototypes.  They are the old hardware in a different box.

Ken