Re: Building database for LA Import database

I thought the LA stuff needed NT?
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 12:26 PM
Subject: RE: Building database for LA Import database

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 2:20 PM
I have done a download from Gems 1-16-9 to AVTS 3-13-1-4, it took 3 tries - each try before gave me a Timeout Error.

Queue the vcenter, and then look at the CPU usage on the server.  Don't download on the client side until you see the CPU usage drop on the server.  This won't speed anything up, but it will avoid the timeout you are seeing.
Now it is doing the building of the database, however, it has now been 2 hours.  Does it take this long, or do I need the AVTS unit to be Windows NT??  Currently the AVTS unit I have is Windows 98.

NT won't help.  Took around hour on my 450mhz machine with the LA database I was playing with a couple of weeks ago.

Ken