Status of El Paso, Texas

I have completed testing for as far as I can go here in Omaha for El Paso,
Texas.  I am using Gems 1-13-5 and AVTS 3-10-14 for Poll Book uploading
only.  The AVTS Ballot Stations & Poll Books have been setup and running on
AVTS 3-10-7.  I tested uploading all Vote Centers with Test data - all was
successful.  I tested Central Count using Precinct Headers 1 -155 - all was
successful.  I did manual entry for simulating entering in the results from
the VIBS units - all was successful.  I even did a Challenge Vote, although
there will not be any challenge voters, - all was successful.

There remains 2 items left to test: 1) The software wrote by Paul Dunhill
to accumulate totals from the VIBS units.  I do not have that software here
in Omaha to be able to test.  2) The importing of totals from BRC into
Gems.  I have not yet seen any new version for this, but I believe Ken is
working on this.

I am anticipating that all will work well on November 2nd, but lets keep
our fingers crossed just in case.

Thanks,

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems