RE: Early Voting for DRE

> To: Global Support
> Subject: Fw: Early Voting for DRE
>
> The California Secretary of State's office is saying that we need to start
> each early voting day with a "zero report".  See below.  Can we
> seperate the
> early voting into folders by day?

I guess they are talking about the AccuVote-TS (DRE).  The way you would do
it is the same as with the Accu-Vote.  Separate memory card (ie, floppy) for
each day.  I think we have done this before somewhere.

We could put the physical file in a separate "folder" as you suggest.
Alternately we could keep a "day stamp" with each ballot.  The report for
"today's" ballots would be zero since no ballots would match today's day
stamp.

This all seems a bit pointless though.  There *are* ballots in the system,
regardless of how we organize them into a folder/database.  You could
accomplish the same thing with a hard-coded report that showed all zeros
after they press the "new day" button, and it would be just as meaningfull.

Ken