Fwd: Wireless transmission

Sent to Ken, resending to support
--- Begin Message ---
Barry,

I'd revisit the issue of "managing" modems.  This seems like a red herring to
me.  In Seattle we used 35 modem lines on a rollover.  Once the lines were
installed and modems hooked up there was literally nothing else we had to do.
We were able to xfer about 400 polling locations with an average of 5-6
precincts each and a large 14" ballot.  Personally, I think wireless will not
work as well as our standard technology, and that there would be alot more
aggravation due to weather, shadowing of signals, etc.  After the debacle in
Hawaii and Dallas, does ESS still have alot of credibility in Minnesota?
Here's a sample article.
<HTML><FONT  SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10>Subj:	<B>hawaii</FONT><FONT  SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10></B><BR>