Fw: Smart Card compatible with EBS 1.1.3

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Rawlins <ann@gesn.com>
To: tiredale@gesn.com <tiredale@gesn.com>
Cc: support@gesn.com <support@gesn.com>
Date: Friday, January 29, 1999 7:15 PM
Subject: Smart Card compatible with EBS 1.1.3

>Hi Tab:
>
>I'm at Ann Rawlins' desk.  Don't be confused about the address.
>
>Question:
>It appears that EBS 1.1.3 can only use 64 kbit smart cards ($4.50/ea.
>our cost).  If you use 1 kbit smart cards ($1.25/ea. our cost) the LED
>an the smart card reader lights up as RED and not GREEN.  The 1 kbit
>smart cards work, it just that for demo purposes you'd like to have the
>LED on the reader do the right thing.  Kerry and Rodney seem to think it
>has to do with a .DLL file.  Could you find out what needs to be changed
>to allow 1 kbit smart cards to work properly with the smart card
>readers.
>
>I only have a limited supply of the 64 kbit cards and everybody seems to
>want demo units with EBS 1.1.3 on them.  I am going to run out of 64
>kbit cards soon if the situation doesn't change and I don't want to
>order any more 64 kbit smart cards if I don't have to.
>
>Sincerely:
>
>Ian S. Piper

Ian as far as I know the Votercard.dll that was modified by Tom G. & Tom C. was to check the voter card for microprocessor type ( 64Kbit) first, If that failed (RED LED) then check for 1 K Memory Card. As far as know all cards work with the latest votercard.dll except for one function. The 1K cards can not be used as challenged voter card due to the fact that it does not enough memory