Plumas County TS units modems

Are there special modems/pcmcia modem cards that need to be installed, configured etc to facilitate modem uploads from our new TS units?

We will be modeming in from all precincts in Plumas in March and I would like to be prepared and anticipate/head off any problems that could occur?

If there is special equipment needed will this be shipped with the new units or does it have to be ordered specially?

Also are there any special procedures involved?

Thanks
Tari