Re: AccuVote Demo/Loaners

Wow, I think anyone with 36 AccuVote "loaners" should just set up their own County (or maybe country), elect themselves King, declare war against this insanity, claim victory, and go home - no questions asked.  General Pickett Sir, you da man!
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Piper <ian@dieboldes.com>
To: Salestalk <salestalk@dieboldes.com>
Cc: Bob Urosevich <bob@dieboldes.com>; Larry Ensminger <larry@dieboldes.com>; Howard Van Pelt <hvp@dieboldes.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 3:29 PM
Subject: AccuVote Demo/Loaners

Hi Folks:

Please consider this as the latest in a long line of pleas to have AccuVote demo/loaner units returned to McKinney.

Also be advised that we have no more AccuVote demo/loaner units on hand.  And we are not predisposed to turning any more new units into demo/loaners.  We currently have 144 units out at various sites valued at $750,000 and continue to get little or no response from the field when requesting that they be returned.  If you need a demo unit for a potential customer, please badger those who seem to be stocking them.

Please review the attached list and get these units returned to Global-McKinney.
If you're waiting for a thirty day (after election) access restriction on a loaner, please stay on top of that so when it becomes available on Dec 2, 1999, it is promptly shipped back.
If you have completed a demo, please send the unit back or update Global-McKinney as to the present status of that demo unit.

Please do it now.  Again, be advised that we have no more AccuVote demo/loaner units on hand.  And we are not predisposed to turning any more new units into demo/loaners.  We currently have 144 units out at various sites valued at $750,000.

Don't forget to call Barney Lucas or Frances Guinn for a Field Shipper number and contact Bill Ricke or Ann Rawlins for the RPS labels.

To sales territory leaders:  If someone within your territory isn't on the Sales Talk email list, please print and fax to them a copy of this memo and the attached file.

Sincerely:

Ian