Christmas Poem

[Credit to Tracy and Susan]

‘Twas the day of the Christmas Party, when all through Global

Not a phone was ringing, not even a mobile;
The wreaths were hung on the front door with care,

Not knowing a Wind Storm soon would be there;

The employees were seated, all quiet in their spots,
Things were too calm…Our stomachs were in knots;

and Moe with his spreadsheets with Deby in tow,

Had just settled down to discuss the cash flow,

When out in the parking lot there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my desk to see what was the matter.

Away to the window like a quick puff of smoke,

I ripped up my hose and knocked over my coke.

The sun on the lawn showed a lack of any snow
Which gave the luster of Summer to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should arrive,

But a 300M.  Now that’s a drive,

In the blink of an eye, he snapped back the seatbelt,
And I knew in a moment it must be Van Pelt.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

“Now, Robert! now, Barry! now, Sherry and John!
On Diekman! on Kaplan! on Mickey and Don!

To the top of the heap to the top of it all

Outsell them, Outsell them, Outsell them all!”

And then, in a twinkling, he came up the steps
Swearing and screaming about each of the reps.

As I drew in my head, and was turning around,

In the front door Van Pelt came with a bound.

He was dressed like a prez’, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all pressed, no ashes or soot;

A bundle of contracts he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes – how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
He said I’ve got RFP’s…where the heck is Larry!

Orders for AccuVotes, Orders for Touch Screens,

Let’s get moving and build some machines.

We’ve got AccuPoke, AccuFake…Voting’s the theme,
And the visions encircle his head like a dream;

He had a smile on his face and whistled a tune,

As he thought about shipping 10,000 units by the end of June.

He was happy and cheerful, a right jolly ole Pelt
And I smiled when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon everyone was smiling, the joy was widespread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Picked up the phone and call the Cobb County Clerk,

He gave everyone a raise, like a good CEO,

And giving a nod, out the door he did go;

He sprang to his car, to his Team gave a whistle,
And away he did fly like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,

Happy Christmas to all and to all…Keep Smiling!