2008 – Beginning Programming Projects
– Andrew used JFugue to create a music player that converts strings to songs. He is currently working on the user interface. He also created default songs for the user (and himself) to choose from.
– The checkers AI was first created as a fully working 2-player checkers program. The AI uses a mini-max algorithm to check for possible moves and then choose one. The program is written in command line (not an applet) and the entire game of checkers can be played by having the user input numbers.
– Ben worked on a brick breaker applet game that was controlled by the mouse. Challenges included collision detection, ball motion, and making special types of bricks.
Legend of Zelda "Clone"
John Albert & Mike Terrick
– John and Mike created a map and fungeon using a random maze generator. The map includes enemies and obstacles for the user to defeat. In creating the game, they used key listener and a collision model.
2008 – Advanced Programming Projects 2008
David Franklin & Michael Moody
– Kugelhupf is a 3D networked, first person person shooter which allows multiple users to compete against each other. The style is modeled after a mix between Tron and The Matrix, creating a unique feel. The game features user-generated maps, giving users complete control over the levels they play. Kugelhupf features several other unique gameplay mechanics including semi-transparetn walls and a portal system that allows players to teleport back and forth between corresponding portals.
Alex Chiang, Arvind Prasadan, Matt Keibler
– Tactical Assault is a turn-based strategy war game modeled after the Advanced Wars franchise of Nintendo. The game is computer based and offers a frieldly and intuitive user interface. Players face off against a smart AI as four officers with varying strengths. The maps for the game are generated randomly, similar to Age of Empires. The user interfaces users the swing toolbar for the 001 and rendering of the map. The underlying mechanics are vast and complex, handling every possible occurrence. The AI is both complex and varied, yet offers a chance at both winning and losing. Tactical Assualt is a fun and exciting game that fans of Advanced Wars will rejoice at!
2002/2003 – Projects
RCS Lego Walker, 2002
Robotic Violin, 2002