- This is the same league as is listed the Volleyball
(Faculty/Grad) for the IM department. If you signed up there,
please check the enrolled teams link below (after Friday,
February 3, 2006) and let me know if there are any
problems. You should read this web page for all the information.
- The season runs from February 11 until April 22.
- Games are every Sunday between 5:30pm and 9:00pm (last game
starts at 7:50pm).
- All games are in the main gym in the old gym (Skibo) on
Tech St (near Posner Hall/GSIA) (it's #10 on this
- We play 6 on 6, but if on any particular week you are
allowed to play with as few as 4.
- All faculty, staff, and graduate students are invited to
play. Others (such as signifigant others) may be
allowed to play,with the approval of the tournament
director. To get in the gym, everyone must either have a
CMU ID, or be listed on a roster. Spouses, etc. will
not be allowed in the gym, to watch or to play, unless they
are listed on a roster. No exceptions. It's not our rule,
it's the school's. Undergraduates are not allowed to play
(this is a constraint imposed by our funding arrangement with
Kevin Bowers if you have questions about this.
- The purpose of GSA Volleyball is to provide an environment
where teams can have fun and play to their level. While we
would like people to play to the best of their abilities, we
would also want to foster an environment of fun and good
sportsmanship; in essence, a kinder, gentler volleyball
league. We play because volleyball is fun!