- Alex Chen (co-advised with Jeff Bigham)
- Hongbo Ni
- Michael Terry
- Kirstin Early (co-avised with Stephen Fienberg
- Dimeji Onafuwa (co-advised with Cameron Tonkinwise)
- Nikola Banovic (co-advised with Anind Dey)
- Mark Baldwin (informal co-advisee, with Gillian Hayes)
Past Phd Students:
- Christian Koehler: Samsung (co-advised with Scott Hudson)
- Julia Schwarz: Qeexo, Microsoft (co-advised with Scott Hudson)
- Sunyoung Kim: Harvard post doc (co-advised with Eric Paulos)
- Tawanna Dillahunt : University of Michigan
- Amy Hurst: UMBC (co-advised with Scott Hudson)
- Scott Carter: FX Pal
- Tara Matthews: Google
It's hard to list all of the wonderful people I've been lucky enough to work with in any detail, but here are a few
Masters Theses Students
- Lauren Chapman (co-advised with Suguru Ishizaki): MS in Design, Spring 2011: "Design for Chronic Illness: Exploring service systems & new technologies for patients with type 2 diabetes."
- Ana Ramirez (co-advised with Mark Davis, SIMS; NSF Fellowship): MS, Fall 2005: "Designing systems that direct human action."
- Scott Lederer (co-advised with Anind Dey; NDSEG Fellowship): MS, Fall 2003: "Designing disclosure: Interactive personal privacy at the dawn of ubiquitous computing."
- Holly Fait MS, 2003:"Simulation of user interaction experiences to improve evaluation for accessibility."
- Wai-Ling Ho-Ching (Co-advised with James Landay): MS, 2003. "Can you see what I hear? The design and evaluation of a peripheral sound display for the deaf."
- Taylor Raack (Masters Project, CMU VLIS, Stepgreen NILM support 2011-12)
- Marty McGuire (Masters Project, CMU VLIS, Stepgreen Social Website 2007-08)
- Miriam Walker, 2003 MS Thesis "High-Fidelity or Low-fidelity, paper or computer? Choosing attributes when testing web prototypes," UC Berkeley, Masters Report, 2003;
Honors Thesis Students
- Duncan McIsaac, current, exploring nonvisual web access
- Catherine Grevet, 2009: "Motivating Community-Oriented Behavior through an Online Social visualization," Wellesley College. Undergraduate Honors Thesis
- Devin Blais, ~2007: "Green Facebook Applications: A competitive Analysis," Carnegie Mellon University. Undergraduate Honors Thesis.
- Ruth Wylie, ~2003: "The Effects of Computers on Cognitive Assessment," UC Berkeley. Undergradutae Honors Thesis.