About me: I am a Systems Scientist in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. My research interests lie in the intersection of formal methods and software engineering. I am particularly interested in self-adaptation and self-management, which are key requirements in many modern software-intensive systems.
My research is done in the context of the ABLE group, at the Institute for Software Research. I am also involved as a co-instructor of the Models of Software Systems course (17-651) at the Master of Software Engineering (MSE).
Short bio: I graduated from the University of Granada (Spain) in 2003 and worked for two years as a software engineer before starting graduate school. After receiving my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Malaga (Spain) in 2009, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher at INRIA Rhône-Alpes (France). Before joining CMU in 2013, I also worked as a postdoctoral researcher at CISUC, the Center for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra (Portugal).
Recent and upcoming scientific events I am involved in:
- DSN 2018 (PC member). 48th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks.
- SEAMS 2017 (Artifact track chair, PC member). 12th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems.
- ICSE 2017 (Demo track PC member). 39th International Conference on Software Engineering.
- ESEC/FSE 2017 (Artifact track PC member). 11th Joint Meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering.
- EDCC 2017 (PC member). 13th European Dependable Computing Conference.
- FACS 2017 (PC member). 14th International Conference on Formal Aspects of Component Software.
- SeAC 2017 (PC member). 2017 Workshop on Self-Aware Computing.
- AHPC 2017 (PC member). International Workshop on Autonomic High Performance Computing 2017.
- RADIANCE 2017 (PC member). 2017 International Workshop on Recent Advances in the Dependability Assessment of Complex Systems.
- FOCLASA 2017 (PC member). 15th International Workshop on Foundations of Coordination Languages and Self-Adaptive Systems.