PuTTY is a terminal emulator application which can act as a client for the SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw TCP computing protocols.
Accessing linux.gp.cs.cmu.edu using PuTTY by doing the following:
- Double click on the PuTTY icon on your desktop. You will see the following:
- In the Host Name area enter linux.gp.cs.cmu.edu
- In the saved sessions area enter the name that you want to save the session and click on the Save button.
- Next click on the Open button to open the connection.
- The first time that you start PuTTY you will see the following. Click on Yes to cache the server's host key in the registry
- You will now see the login prompt for the linux.gp machines. Enter your SCS Kerberos userID and password.
Congratulations, you are now logged in to the linux.gp.cs.cmu.edu general purpose cluster