Virtual Machine Service Information
A virtual machine (VM) is a guest operating system installation within a base host operating system.
The charging structure for virtual machines will be as follows:
|Virtual Software Support||OS-specific software support and administration. Sitewide and per-machine software licenses. Requires Software Support on the base host.||$17.50|
|Virtual Network Support||SCS network connection, hostname and IP address, DNS, remote access, and other network services. Requires Network Support on the base host.||$11.00|
|Virtual Backup Support||Network backups and restores. Requires Virtual Network support.||$26.00|
In order to have either Virtual Network Support or Virtual Software Support on your virtual machine, the base host must have the same service.
Virtual Machine Support Information
- Charges for hosts newly-installed by SCS Computing Facilities will automatically include Virtual Software Support. All other services must be explicitly requested.
- In order for us to build the virtual machine, it must be subscribed to a minimum of six months of Virtual Software Support.
- Requests to add support for unsupported or broken hosts will be handled on a case-by-case basis
- In order to directly connect to the virtual machine, it must be subscribed to Virtual Network Support, which includes an IP address and hostname. Virtual Network Support must be explicitly requested.
- In order to subscribe to Virtual Backup Support, the virtual machine must be subscribed to Virtual Network Support. Virtual Backup Support must be explicitly requested.
For adjustments or refunds, please see the SCS Computer Support Services Policy page.