SAS Institute licensed software
SAS Institute: SAS
SAS is a comprehensive statistics software package.
- License holder: Computing Services.
- Quantity licensed: 1,000 licenses.
- Available for: Linux, Solaris, Windows.
- Who can install it: Faculty, staff, students.
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home.
- Type of license: Annual; September 1 renewal.
- Cost to users: Licenses are free to students; faculty and staff pay for licenses at the CMU Computer Store. The cost per license is $45.00. The media costs range from $75.00-$90.00, depending on the OS.
- How to get it: Licenses: SAS licenses are free to students. Faculty and staff can purchase licenses for the Windows and Linux versions at the CMU Computer Store. Licenses are per seat and each license must be renewed annually at the computer store. Media: SAS for Windows is too large to be distributed from an online source; purchase the SAS for Windows media at the CMU Computer Store. Students can request access to the SAS Linux directory in the Andrew Archive Area via email to email@example.com. For access to the SAS Linux directory, faculty and staff need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the sales receipt number from the store. The Computer Store reports on SAS license sales, and then setinits (license files) are sent to license holders and access to the Linux directory is given to faculty and staff needing it.
- License code required: Yes. It is sent to users who have paid the annual licensing fee at the CMU Computer Store. Be sure to tell the computer store staff the SAS version number and the operating system under which you run SAS.
- Getting help using it: School of Computer Science does not provide user support for SAS. SAS Institute provides extensive online technical support and essential patches at http://www.sas.com/service/techsup/intro.html.
- Restrictions: Software can be used for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Note: Administrative use of SAS is not covered by this academic license.
- Individual use rights available upon termination: None. All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with the University.