FTP is not actively supported in SCS
We no longer provide an ftp server for anonymous outload of content as of Oct 15 2014.
There are several reasons that we no longer provide this service
- The ftp protocol is not secure for authenticated use.
- The anonymous outload is effectively replicated by http://www.cs.cmu.edu .
- The demand for this service was very light and decreasing
There are several alternatives that are available.
- For authenticated upload or outload see sftp or scp.
- For anonymous outload of data see about publishing via http://www.cs.cmu.edu web pages.