Creating and editing a recurring reservation
Creating a recurring reservation
You can create a recurring room or resource reservation that will occur at regular intervals over a given time period. For example, you can request a room or conference phone every Tuesday morning from 10:00 to 11:00 AM in the month of April.
Reservations can recur daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. There are some limits to how far in the future you can create a recurring reservation:
- A non-recurring reservation can be schedule to take place no more than 10 years in the future.
- A recurring reservation can be scheduled to take place no more than one year in the future.
- On the reservation grid for the desired resource, select an empty time slot to open the Reservation Details form. Complete the Meeting Title, Phone and Dept fields and select the Recurrence check box.
Note: If you have a pop-up blocker, you may need to disable it to see the Set Recurrence window.
- Select the appropriate tab, enter the recurrence details, and click OK. Continue creating your reservation and click Save and Close or Save and Invite to save your reservation.
Editing a recurring reservation
Reservations can be edited any time after they are created and saved.
On the reservation grid, click on the recurring reservation you want to edit. Since the reservation is part of recurring series, a prompt appears to select one of the following:
- Open this single reservation (to edit only one occurrence of the series).
- Click Open.
- On the reservation details form, make the changes as needed and click Save and Update or Save and Close.
- Open the series (to edit all reservations in the series).
- Click Open.
- On the reservation details form, make the changes as needed.
- Check the Copy data to all occurrences check box and click Save and Update or Save and Close.
Note: You must check Copy data to all occurrences to proceed so that your changes will be made for each occurrence in the recurring series.
- Click OK to update to all occurrences.
- Click Open.
You will be asked if your updates should be applied only to future meetings or to all meetings in the series. Select Update All Meetings or Update Only Future Meetings and click Update.
Skip some occurrences
Skip occurrences with different room set
When editing a recurring series, check the Skip occurrences with different room set check box to skip applying your changes to reservations in the series in different rooms and click OK.
Skip occurrences with different start time
When editing a recurring series, check the Skip occurrences with different start time check box to skip applying your changes to reservations with modified start times and click OK.