Newell Simon Hall Atrium Usage Guidelines
The following guidelines are used to govern the usage of the Newell Simon Hall Atrium.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance of the event via e-mail or phone call to the SCS Building Facilities staff.
- Reservations should include requests for installation of the atrium gates if they are required by the CMU Alcohol Policy or for any other reason.
- Reservations cannot start before 2:30 p.m. on weekdays. Exceptions to this may be made for breakfasts or luncheons during major conferences which are based in Newell Simon.
- Those making reservations must notify SCS Building Facilities of a cancellation at least two days in advance of the scheduled event.
- Catering firms cannot begin their set-ups before 2:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Work orders for pre and post-event cleanups by the janitorial staff and provision of CMU garbage boxes must be filed through the SCS Building Facilities staff.
- Orders for CMU garbage boxes must call for their removal from the atrium no later than the morning after the event.
- Movement or removal of atrium furniture can be done by the persons holding the atrium event. Otherwise, they will need to file an FMS work order through the SCS Building Facilities staff to accomplish this task. A CMU budget center must be provided.
- An FMS work order for movement or removal of atrium furniture must specify that all items should be put back in their original locations no later than first thing the following morning.
- The two large trees can only be moved by Plantscape, Inc., under a work order filed through the SCS Building Facilities staff. A CMU budget center must be provided.
- The SCS Building Facilities staff can provide up to four five-foot folding tables without charge. Any additional furniture required must be rented by the user from outside vendors.
- If furniture is rented from outside vendors, they cannot deliver that furniture earlier than the day of the event and it must be picked up no later than the morning after the event.