SCS Poster Printing
SCS Computing offers a poster printing service for members of the SCS community which is available, by request, for SCS related materials.
We ask that all poster printing requests meet the following requirements:
- Posters must be used for SCS related work.
- Posters must be submitted in either PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX) or PDF format; one file per email, please.
- An SCS account is required to submit a poster printing request.
- Please bring your CMU ID card when picking up your poster.
- If you need to pick up your poster outside of the normal hours (9a-5p, Mon-Fri, SCS Help Desk), you must clarify that in your request, including the specific date and time you need to pick up the poster.
- Posters may be submitted anytime.
- Typical turnaround for poster printing is one business day, unless there is a large demand for poster printing at the time of the request, i.e., end of semester poster presentation sessions. Please do not wait until the last hour of the due date to submit your poster or you could encounter printer queue delays.
- Posters should be picked up within 24 hours of completion.
- SCS Computing does not provide poster tubes, poster boards or poster cutting/trimming.
- Multiple copies and reprints are not permitted.
Poster Printing Request Procedure
- Create poster in either PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX) or PDF format.
- If another program is used to create a poster it must be converted to PDF before submitting.
- Poster must be created to the height and width being requested as they will not be scaled or resized. (Poster sizes are available in either 36 inch or 42 inch wide format. The length can be up to 96 inches.)
- When designing in PowerPoint or similar application, never "Copy and Paste" image graphics into your file. Always "Insert as Picture".
- When creating a PDF file, please make sure that the page format dimensions are preserved before submitting the poster.
- The printer does not print to the edge of the paper. Please remember to leave margins of at least 0.5 inches on each side of the print job.
- Submit file to firstname.lastname@example.org for printing.
- The subject line should be "POSTER PRINTING REQUEST".
- The body of the message needs to contain:
- The requestor's full name
- The requestor's SCS user ID
- A contact phone number
- The requested size of the poster
- If you need to pick up your poster outside of the normal pick up hours (9a-5p, Mon-Fri, GHC 4203), you must include this information in your poster printing request so that we can make your poster available to you.
- The file (PDF or PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX)) must be submitted as an attachment to the email.
- Please send one poster per email.
- Upon receipt of your email, we will review the request and attached file.
- If any issues are found in the request, the requestor will be asked to make any corrections before resubmitting.
- If all information in the request is correct, the poster will be printed and the requestor will be notified, via email, of completion and pickup availability.
- All email communications will be sent to the requestor's specified SCS email account.
About the SCS Poster Printer
- HP Universal Semigloss photo paper
- CMYK and RGB color
- Poster media available in 36 inch and 42 inch wide media only
- Requires a minimum of 0.5 inches margins on all sides
Picking up your SCS Poster
Unless requested otherwise in the initial submission, all posters can be picked up at the SCS Help Desk in Gates Hillman 4203 as shown: