Printing on Windows 10 hosts
SCS Computing Facilities now uses a centralized print service, where you print to one queue and then release the print job at the printer. Here are instruction to add this printer queue..
Please note, these instruction only apply to Newell Simon Hall and Smith Hall. For instructions for all other SCS Bulldings, please go here.
- Open Devices and Printers. (Found in the control panel and in the start menu.)
- Click Add a printer or scanner at the top of the window.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Under Select a shared printer by name input \\raft.fac.cs.cmu.edu\public. Then click Next.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Printing on the wireless network (or from personal Windows 10 hosts)
You can print to the publc printers of the SCS network via the CMU wireless network only if you are verified by authentication with a valid SCS account. Mapping a drive to the path \\scs-print.srv.cs.cmu.edu\print-auth will allow you to authenticate your account by requesting your SCS username and password. You will be able to install the SCS public printers once you are authenticated. The following steps will assist you to map a drive and authenticate:
- Go to File Explorer (accessible via the start menu)
- Right Click This PC in the left hand side bar.
- Click Map network drive... from the drop down menu.
- Select a drive letter in the Drive box.
- In the Folder box, type the path for server and shared resource in the following format: \\raft.fac.cs.cmu.edu\print-auth.
- Check Reconnect at sign-in and Connect using different credentials
- Select Finish.
- A request for the SCS user name and password will be prompted.
- Enter SCS\username and password.
(We recommend when printing remotely off campus the user should access SCS network using VPN )
Refer to the above instructions to install your printer.
- Windows support
- How to use Windows hosts in the SCS environment.