SCS Computing provides support for over 150 printers across SCS, along with infrastructure that allows printing from Linux, Windows, and Mac hosts.
If you have difficulty with a printer, you can call SCS Computing's Operations team at x8-2608, anytime. We can provide 24x7 help with many printer problems, such as being out of toner, routine paper jams, etc. More severe printer problems will need to be handled during normal business hours. You can also send mail to email@example.com to report printing problems.
Many of the printers named in our printer lists are not public printers, and are only intended to be used by specific SCS individuals and groups. Those that are public are a shared resource. For that reason, people should:
- Only print huge jobs at night or off-hours.
- Promptly pick up your printer output (and only your output).
- File output that you see.
- Use the copier, not the printer, for multiple copies.
- Use color printers only when necessary (they are usually significantly more expensive than black & white printers).
- Use SCS printers only for SCS-related work.
- Preview your output before printing.
To preview your output, you can use a Postscript viewer such as Ghostview (gv on Unix/Linux hosts), a DVI previewer such as xdvi for TeX output, or whatever print previewing facility comes with the application you are using (such as the Microsoft Word Print Preview ability).