NETWORK OUTAGE: Internet 2 Connectivity Network
SCS Computing Facilities has received the following service outage notification from Computing Services:
***To verify the authenticity of this message, visit Computing Services Outage News at https://www.cmu.edu/computing/news/outages/***
(US Eastern Time)
DATE & TIME: March 10, 2014 from 08:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m.
AREAS/BUILDING AFFECTED: Campus-wide
One of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs) must perform maintenance that will impact the university’s connection to Internet2.
Services that will be DIRECTLY impacted and made unavailable by this maintenance are:
- Direct peering to Southern Crossroads (SoX), ESnet and Drexel.
To avoid significant impact, services will be rerouted to failover, redundant ISPs during the outage period. Connectivity impacts will occur at the beginning and end of the maintenance period (i.e., around 8 am and around 5 pm) while traffic is rerouted. Services most likely to be affected during these times are:
- Connection to Qatar campus resources
- Internet2 Research and Engineering network
- TransitRail-Commercial Peering Service
- Internet2 direct peering services such as Google
- Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE)
Please direct any questions or comments to the Computing Services Help Center (412-268-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Carnegie Mellon University