Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 Support Status
Status: Not supported
On October 22, 2013 Apple released Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 as a free download. Although we can't prevent users from installing Mavericks, we want to make you aware of the possible impact this upgrade may have on productivity and system reliability at this time.
Current known problems with OS X Mavericks 10.9 and SCS baseline software include:
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP):
- User may experience systems hanging unexpectedly.
- Symantec has not yet released a compatible software release for OS X Mavericks 10.9.
- A new product release SEP 12.1 RU4 is expected but no ETA has been announced.
Parallels (Virtual Machine Software):
- Users running Parallels version 7 will not be able to launch Windows VMs.
- Parallels version 8 will work with OS X Mavericks 10.9 but some features in Mavericks are not available.
- Parallels version 9 is available and is fully compatible with OS X Mavericks 10.9 (can be purchased at the CMU Computer Store).
SCS Computing Facilities has provided an OS X Mavericks 10.9 compatibility chart to keep you updated on the status of support here:
You will receive notification once OS X Mavericks 10.9 is supported by SCS Computing Facilities.
If you have any questions regarding OS X support, please contact the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention,
SCS Help Desk