Gates Machine Room Network Maintenance 8/14/2013
DATE: Wednesday, August 14, 2013
TIME: 6:00A.M. - 8:00A.M.
SERVICES AFFECTED: Several Core Services / Gates Machine Room Project Servers
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 SCS Computing Facilities staff will perform both software and hardware upgrades on one of the core network switches in the Gates Machine Room.
All project machines and project web servers located in the Gates Machine Room will lose network connectivity for part or all of this maintenance period.
Also, the following services will be unavailable for part or all of this maintenance period:
- AFS user volumes
- SCS Printing
- LINUX6.GP, LINUX7.GP (LINUX8 will be available)
- Windows Terminal Server
- Instance Manager and password changes
- BlackFriday / GSAudit
- License Servers for MATLAB and Pro/Engineer
- SCS Help Page search
- Mailing Lists (messages will be queued and then delivered once serviceis restored)
- Net Register
- Oracle Calendar
- SCS People Directory
- SCS URPT (University Review, Promotion and Tenure)
- Web Reports
- Windows Software Update Service
Please contact the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 or send mail to email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding this maintenance period.