Apple iTunes security vulnerabilityApple recently (4 Sep 07) announced a vulnerability in their iTunes application for Mac OS and Windows systems.
* All iTunes users must update their software to the latest version, v7.4 or higher *
To update your MacUse the Apple Software Update service to automate your upgrade:
- Click on the Apple and select "Software Update"
- Apply/install updates as needed; restart if prompted
To update your Windows PC
Automated Apple Software Update
- Click on "Start" and choose "All Programs"
- Select "Apple Software Update" from the programs list
- If the agent finds updates, click "Install"
- If prompted to reboot, do so, and then repeat from the first step until no updates are found
- Download and install iTunes (v7.4 or higher) from: //www.apple.com/downloads/
Additional resourcesFor more information regarding the severity of this vulnerability, see docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306404. Contact the SCS HelpDesk (x8-4231) or <firstname.lastname@example.org> with any questions or problems.
Thanks for helping protect our computing environment,
SCS Help Desk