Campus Network/Service Outage Scheduled
SCS Computing Facilities has received the following notification from Computing Services:
DATE: September 15, 2007
TIME: 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
AREAS AFFECTED: All external Internet connectivity will be intermittently unavailable during the outage.
SERVICES AFFECTED: Maintenance will be performed on our external Internet links to provide Carnegie Mellon with more aggregate bandwidth and a higher level of failover capabilities and capacity.
Through the course of this maintenance, ALL services which depend upon external Internet connectivity (as well as connections and access to off-campus sites and services) will experience interruptions. People external to our network (e.g., at home, other locations, etc.) will not have access to any Carnegie Mellon sites or services during this outage.
These services include:
- Commodity Internet (from and to the Carnegie Mellon wired and wireless networks)
- Research Internet2 (from and to the Carnegie Mellon wired and wireless networks)
- Email (No mail to or from external email servers will be sent or received during this outage. Email sent from or to off-campus servers will be held on those servers and delivered following the outage. Internal email to and from cmu.edu addresses will run normally.)
- VPN (from off-campus)
SERVICES NOT AFFECTED:
- All internal Carnegie Mellon connectivity WILL BE AVAILABLE during the outage (on-campus computers connected via wired or wireless Ethernet).
- All internal Carnegie Mellon servers and services WILL BE AVAILABLE during the outage.
To view a complete maintenance schedule for all Computing Services systems, please visit http://www.cmu.edu/computing/news/maintenance/
Please direct any questions or comments to the Computing Services Help Center (x8-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org) or to your departmental administrator or DSP consultant.