New Service: Terminal Services is now Available
The following service announcement is made by SCS Computing Facilities:
Subject: New Service: Terminal Services is now Available
Service Information: SCS Computing Facilities is pleased to announce Terminal Services for our Linux users that need casual access to a Microsoft Windows based computing platform using Windows 2003 Terminal Services.
Casual access is defined as ccasional use of a Windows environment, when required to run a particular Microsoft productivity application or other application that is native to the Windows platform
Terminal services can be used for the following:
- View / author content authored with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access).
- View Visio drawings via Microsoft Visio Viewer
- View / author content using Microsoft Project or Microsoft Visio (add-on products to the office environment, proof of license required).
- Additional applications that do not require administrative access to be installed (single user exe, for example)
- Additional applications can be requested for addition to the Terminal Services environment. These will be evaluated on an as needed basis.
Additional Information: For more information and details please see the web page for Terminal Services.
Please contact the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your attention,
SCS Help Desk