SCS Computing Facilities Flood Update
Machine Room Update, Wean Hall 3611
- Project Servers: Most project machines are expected to be online by Monday morning, 12 December 2005.
- Air conditioning: As of 4pm today, Wednesday, temporary cooling service is in place.
- Electrical power: Removal of damaged cabling begins tomorrow morning, Thursday, 8 December. Replacement of power cabling and receptacles is expected to be complete by Sunday.
- Backups are NOT running yet. We expect to resume backup services sometime this weekend. In the meantime, we recommend that you make second copies of your latest work (AFS, CD-ROM, on a 2nd machine, etc.)
***Please bear in mind*** This is a very large undertaking for everyone, with many variables, and many components being replaced. During the next few weeks, further service interruptions are possible.
Other Areas in Wean Hall
- Numerous other areas on Wean Hall third floor were also affected by this flood; restoration work will continue in these areas.
We will post further updates as they become available.
Thank you for your attention,
SCS Help Desk