Critical Windows security patch released, February 10, 2004
On February 10, 2004, Microsoft released a patch for a critical Windows security vulnerability. This vulnerability would allow anyone on the network to potentially take control of your PC. Detailed information about this vulnerability can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-007.asp (off-site link, will open in a new window).
*** Everyone must patch their PCs ***
Because of the seriousness of this vulnerability, we will be pushing the patch to unpatched SCS hosts in the SCS Windows domain starting at noon on Thursday, February 12. PCs that are patched in this manner will be forced to reboot as part of the patching process. It is strongly recommended that you patch your own PCs, and do not rely on us to patch them for you.
To patch your PC, you can run Windows Update as per the instructions below. Because some people have had problems running Windows Update, the patch is also available via the SCS Windows server, Monolith.
How to run Windows Update to patch your PC
- Run Internet Explorer (version 5 or higher).
- Select "Windows Update" under the "Tools" menu.
- Once you have connected to the Windows Update site, select "Scan for updates" (if you are running Windows 2000 or XP).
- You should install all "Critical Updates".
- You will need to reboot your PC after installation.
- Because some updates depend on previous updates already being installed, you should re-run Windows Update after rebooting to verify that you have successfully installed the patches, and to install any remaining critical updates.
How to download the patch via Monolith
- Mount the share:
You can do this by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon and selecting "Map Network Drive", or by browsing the network neighborhood.
- On the share you have mounted in step 1, open the folder named after the operating system you are running on your PC. For example, open the folder named "XP" if you are running Windows XP.
- Double-click on the executable in that folder and follow the instructions on the installation screen.
- You will need to reboot your PC after the patch is installed.
If you have questions or need assistance in patching, please contact email@example.com or call the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 (9-5, M-F).