AnyConnect Windows Readme
SCS Anyconnect Profiles
There are 2 SCS Anyconnect profiles: scs.vpn.cmu.edu and scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu. The scs.vpn.cmu.edu profile passes all traffic through the tunnel. The scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu profile tunnels only traffic destined to CMU and will allow users on their home network to access local printers and devices while still having access to IP restricted CMU/SCS resources. SCS facilities recommends that the scs.vpn.cmu.edu full tunnel profile be used when connecting to the SCS Anyconnect service from either Carnegie Mellon's wireless network or any public wireless network.
- Before installing the new AnyConnect VPN Client remove any previous AnyConnect VPN Client first.
- Download and install the AnyConnect VPN Client from the networking downloads page (authentication required).
- During the installation process, accept all of the default values.
- To start the AnyConnect Client: click "Start button-->All Programs-->Cisco-->Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client-->Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client".
- When the client opens, enter "scs.vpn.cmu.edu" for the full tunnel profile or "scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu" for the split tunnel profile in the text box and click "Connect".
- Enter "username/remote" in the "Username" field (replacing username with your SCS username), and enter your /remote instance Kerberos password, then click "OK".
Support and TroubleshootingFor assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-4231 (9 AM to 5 PM M-F), or
see the AnyConnect FAQs for troubleshooting information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.