SCS AnyConnect VPN ClientVPN software allows a computer on another network to look like it has an SCS name and IP address when it talks to hosts on the SCS network. Using VPN, a remote host can access restricted network services that can only be used by SCS hosts.
The AnyConnect client provides remote users with secure VPN connections using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and the Datagram TLS (DTLS) protocol. The AnyConnect client provides remote end users running Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, with the benefits of a Cisco SSL VPN client, and supports applications and functions unavailable to a clientless, browser-based SSL VPN connection. This release supports the SSL and DTLS protocol. This release does not include IPsec support.
VPN & securityThe VPN software uses certificates to authenticate your computer, and your Kerberos /remote instance (i.e. bovik/remote) to authenticate you. It encrypts network traffic between your host and the SCS network; traffic is not encrypted after it reaches our network. VPN is not a substitute for using software such as SSH or Kerberized telnet to protect passwords and other sensitive data sent over the network.
How to install and use VPNNote: You must be CMU School of Computer Science faculty, staff, or a graduate student in order to download, install, and use this software.
Before installingYou will need a /remote Kerberos instance and password to use the VPN software. If you do not already have those credentials, you can use the SCS Web-based tool to create or manage Kerberos instances for use with VPN and other remote-access systems.
Cisco AnyConnect for Linux Machines
- Linux Readme This file contains SCS-specific installation instructions.
- Linux, All versions (32-bit) [.tar file, about 4.4 MB]
- Linux, All versions (64-bit) [.tar file, about 4.5 MB]
Cisco AnyConnect for Mac Machines
- Mac Readme This file contains SCS-specific installation instructions.
- MacOS X 10.5 and up [.dmg file, about 4.5 MB]
Cisco AnyConnect for Windows machines
- Windows Readme This file contains SCS-specific installation instructions.
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (32 and 64-bit) [.msi file, about 2.4 MB]