AnyConnect Mac Readme
SCS Anyconnect Proiles
There are 2 SCS Anyconnect profiles: scs.vpn.cmu.edu and scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu. The scs.vpn.cmu.edu profile passes all traffic through the tunnel. The scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu profile tunnels only traffic destined to CMU and will allow users on their home network to access local printers and devices while still having access to IP restricted CMU/SCS resources. SCS facilities recommends that the scs.vpn.cmu.edu full tunnel profile be used when connecting to the SCS Anyconnect service from either Carnegie Mellon's wireless network or any public wireless network.
- Download and install the AnyConnect VPN Client from the networking downloads page (authentication required)
- During the installation process, accept all of the default values.
- To start the AnyConnect Client: click "Finder-->Applications-->Cisco-->Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"
- When the client opens, enter "scs.vpn.cmu.edu" for the full tunnel profile or "scs-split.vpn.cmu.edu" for the split tunnel profile in text box and click "Connect".
- Enter "username/remote" in the "Username" field (replacing username with your SCS username), and enter your /remote instance Kerberos password.
- Click "OK" to authenticate to and start the SCS VPN service.
Support and TroubleshootingFor assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-4231 (9 AM to 5 PM M-F), or
see the AnyConnect FAQs for troubleshooting information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.