Before attaching any computing equipment, including computers, printers, and any other networked devices, to the SCS network, you must first register it with SCS Facilities. The forms below may be used to register new equipment, and also delete, update, and search for information about currently registered equipment.
All equipment on the SCS network must obey our Network use policies.
To access the following links, you must be on the CMU network (or connected to the SCS or CMU VPN).
- Add new equipment
- Use this form to register new equipment. All fields on this form are required unless specifically marked as optional.
- Delete existing equipment
- Unregister a previously registered machine.
- Update the information for currently registered equipment.
- Search for information about a currently registered machine.
Each of the add, delete, and update options above generates a specially formatted mail message which is sent to SCS Facilities to be processed. If you do not receive notification of an add function within 2 working days, please contact us to check on its status.
The search option returns information previously processed and incorporated into the equipment registration database, typically as of the preceding business day.