iPass Gogo Inflight Internet
What is iPass Gogo Inflight Internet?
iPass Gogo Inflight Internet, powered by Aircell, turns a commercial airplane into a Wi-Fi hotspot with true Inflight Internet access. Passengers with Wi-Fi enabled devices, such as laptops, smartphones and e-readers, can surf the Web, check e-mail, instant message, access a corporate VPN and more.
Getting connected to iPass Gogo Inflight Internet
- Once your aircraft reaches 10,000 feet, and you are given the go ahead to use electronic devices, boot up your laptop, and open the iPass client.
- Once open, the client will sniff and identify the gogoinflight network and connect automatically.
- If the client does not connect automatically, you can manually search for the gogoinflight or In Flight SSID. This can be found under Available Networks. Please select this SSID, and then click Connect.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPass credentials if they are not already saved. Once your credentials are entered, the network will associate with your client and the connection process will begin.
- Once youre associated to the network, a web page will pop up requesting you to enter the verification text to activate the service and connection. This text is called CAPTCHA and it allows the system to identify the authenticity of the connection. This is yet another measure to ensure complete Inflight security. After entering the text you see, click Activate Service.
- Once activated, the iPass client will automatically connect you to the service; a connection status window is displayed along with a Gogo Welcome Screen.
- You are now free to work online at 30,000 feet with iPass.
You can use browser-based login to establish an iPass Gogo Inflight Internet connection if you are unable to open or connect via the iPass client, or if you are using a smartphone or handheld / mobile device.
- Open your Internet browser. This will take you to the Gogo Inflight Internet Roaming Users Log-in screen.
- Select iPass from the list of providers and enter your user credentials in the format:
- Once you are signed in and authenticated, you will be connected to the iPass Gogo Inflight Internet service.
- To use this service you must have one of the following:
- iPass Open Mobile client on Windows - Version 1.2.1 or higher
- iPass Open Mobile client on Mac - Version 1.0 or higher
- iPass Connect client on Windows - Version 3.51 or higher
- Users with handheld devices / smartphones including iPhone, iPad, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry can access this service using their iPass credentials, via the browser login option.
- The iPass Gogo Wi-Fi network becomes active only after the aircraft has reached an altitude of 10,000ft.
- All flights for a route may not have Gogo Inflight Internet service. Refer to the coverage page at www.gogoinflight.com for the latest list of air carriers that offer this service.
Support and TroubleshootingFor assistance, contact email@example.com or call 412-268-4231 (9 AM to 5 PM M-F).
Detailed instructions for connecting to Gogo Inflight Internet can be found here:
iPass Gogo Inflight Internet User Guide (pdf, about 760k)
A Gogo Quick Facts sheet can be found here:
iPass Gogo Inflight Internet Quick Facts (pdf, about 4MB)