Configuring Mac OS X to use DHCP
- Launch System Preferences, then choose Network.
- Select Ethernet from the adapters list on the left.
- Set the Configure IPv4 drop down to Using DHCP.
- Click the Advanced button to open advanced network settings.
- Select the DNS tab at the top of the window.
- Make sure your DNS servers and Search domain mirror the configurations shown in the following image.
- Click OK and then Apply in the Advanced Networking and Networking windows, respectively. *Note: This does not require a reboot.