Managing Out of Office Messages
If you have plans to be out of the office for an extended period, you may want to have an automatic email reply to let people know.
Accessing the Out of Office Message Tool
To access the Out of Office Tool to create, change, or disable your away message, visit the following web page in a web browser:
...which will redirect you to the CMU WebISO authentication server. It is important to log in to the CMU WebISO service as an SCS user
- Enter your SCS User ID in the User ID field:
- Enter your SCS Kerberos Password in the Password field:
- Select the CS.CMU.EDU realm:
- Click the Login button:
You should now be automatically redirected to the Out of Office Message Tool.
Note: If you have your email delivered to the Exchange server, you will see the following warning:
Setting Your MessageYou may only have one away message set at a time. If you do not already have a current away message set, you can set up a new away message with the following steps:
- Select the dates and times of your departure and return using the date selectors
- Compose a subject line for your away message (you may use the variables listed at the bottom of the page to customize the subject line of your away message)
- Compose the body of your away message (you may use the variables listed at the bottom of the page to customize the body of your away message)
- Click Save to activate your Out of Office message
Disabling Your Message
If you return early and need to disable your away message, log in to the Out of Office tool as above. You will see your current away message. Click Disable to turn off your Out of Office message.