SCS Cyrus Pre-Migration - Before you Begin
Create a folder called "migration" on your computer. As you follow these steps, you will export/save files to this folder.
Step 1: Prepare your Email
Large mailboxes can take longer to migrate. You can expedite this process by preparing your email for transition.
- Empty your Trash/Deleted Items folder
- Delete Spam
- Save large attachments and remove them from the mail message
- Delete unwanted messages
Step 2: Local Mail Folders
- Email saved to local folders on your computer, this mail will not be migrated.
- If you want the email in your local folders migrated, move them back on the server
Step 3: Email Client Rules
- Rules you created in your email client will not work with new mailbox.
- If using the same email client for new mailbox, manually edit rules to point at new mailbox.
Step 4: Spam Settings
- Copy any custom spam filter settings you created into a text file.
- If you have email addresses in your "Accept Mail" and "Filter Mail" lists, type these into text file.
- Save the files to your migration folder.
Step 5: Signatures
- Copy any email "signatures" you created into a text file.
- Save the file to your migration folder.
Step 6: Export Contacts
- Contacts will not be migrated.
- Export contacts to your migration folder.
Step 7: Export Calendar
- Calendars will not be migrated.
- Export calendar to your migration folder.
If you have any questions regarding the steps below, please contact the SCS Help Desk at x8-4231 or send mail to email@example.com.