Configure Entourage for MacOS XNote: Before you can configure Entourage, you will need a mailbox on the SCS Corvid mail system and a Kerberos mail-instance password. If you don't have a mailbox, or you aren't sure, contact <email@example.com> or call the SCS HelpDesk, x8-4231. If you haven't yet created your Kerberos mail-instance, used only for mail access, follow the how to create Kerberos instances procedure.
If you are using Entourage for the first time, or if no email accounts have been configured yet, the account-creation screen opens automatically, and you can skip the first two steps below. If you see an "Import Settings" screen, select "Don't import anything"
If your Entourage client is already configured to access incoming messages, you can jump directly to Phase II and secure your outgoing email.
Phase I - Access incoming email
- Open Entourage, click on the "Tools" menu, then select "Accounts"
- Click the "New" button at the top left of the accounts window to open the "Setup Assistant" dialog. Enter your name and click the right arrow at the bottom to continue.
- In the "E-mail Address" window, enter your own data where the example shows "firstname.lastname@example.org." Make sure to include the "+" after your username in your email address. When you're done, click "Next."
- In the "Mail Servers" window, specify both your incoming and outgoing mail servers. Select the "IMAP" protocol first, then enter the server names as shown below left, and click "Next."
- On the "Account ID" window, configure your incoming-mail server. Enter the information as you see it in the example below right, using your SCS user ID and Kerberos mail-instance password, if you choose. Then click "Continue." Note that this latter arrangement is insecure: Anyone who can access your computer can then read your e-mail and send mail as you.
- In the next window, choose a name for your account. The name can be anything you like, but something descriptive like "SCS email" might be appropriate. Click "Finish" when you are ready.
- Finally, you should see a window that summarizes your account information. Check the settings and use the "Go back" button to fix any typos or omissions. Click "Finish."