Exchange and Outlook 2007 Off-campusTo configure Outlook to access the SCS Exchange server from a remote (off-campus) or non-SCS network connection, follow steps one through seven of the general setup instructions. Then:
- On the " Exchange Settings window," click the "More Settings" button, then the "Security" tab.
- Check the box next to "Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server."
- Click the "Connection" tab
- Check the box next to "Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP," then click the "Exchange Proxy Settings" button
- In the upper box under "Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange," enter "e2k4.srv.cs.cmu.edu"
- Check the boxes labeled "Connect using SSL only," "On fast networks...," and "On slow networks..."
- In the dropdown box under "Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange," select "NTLM Authentication," then click "OK"
- When prompted, enter your user name as "scs\<user>," where "<user>" is your SCS Windows Domain account name, and enter your SCS Windows Domain password, then click "OK"
Note: The "Remember password" option is not secure, and we don't recommend it. With that box checked, anyone who can access your computer can then read your e-mail and send mail as you.
- Finally, you will see a "Congratulations!" screen indicating that your account has been set up. Click "Finished" to complete the process.