Configure Outlook 2007 for Exchange
Note: Before configuring Outlook, you will need an account on the SCS Exchange server. If you don't have one, or you aren't sure, contact <email@example.com> or call the SCS HelpDesk, x8-4231.
Use Outlook's "New Account" wizard to access the SCS Exchange server via a wired (on-campus) connection to the SCS network (steps one through nine) or from a remote (off-campus) or non-SCS network connection (steps one through seven, then steps eight through sixteen on off-campus setup.
- In the Control Panel, doubleclick the "Mail" icon
- Click the "E-Mail Accounts" button
- Click the "New" button
- Check the box next to "Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click "Next"
- Select "Microsoft Exchange", then click "Next"
- For "Microsoft Exchange Server," enter "e2k3.srv.cs.cmu.edu." Ensure the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" box is checked
- For "User name," enter your Windows Domain login name, then click the "Check Name" button the value should resolve to your actual name. If it does not, either you do not have an Exchange account, you typed the name incorrectly, or you are attempting this procedure from an off-campus connection without VPN running
Note: If you are configuring Outlook to access the SCS Exchange server from a remote (off-campus) or non-SCS network connection, stop at this point and continue with the off-campus setup instructions.
- Click the "More Settings" button, then click the "Security" tab. Check the box next to "Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server," then click the "OK" button
- Finally, you will see a "Congratulations!" screen indicating that your account has been set up. Click "Finished" to complete the process.