Configuring Entourage for Exchange
To configure Microsoft Entourage for Mac to use the SCS Exchange server, follow these steps:
- Open Entourage, then on the menu bar at the top of the screen click "Entourage" then "Account Settings"
- Click "New"
- Enter your email address, check the box next to "My account is on an Exchange server"
- Enter your SCS Windows user ID as simply "[username]" (not scs\[username]), enter "scs" for the Domain, and enter your SCS Windows Domain password
- Click the right facing arrow to continue. The setup will attempt to automatically detect the configuration - this process typically fails. Click the right facing arrow again to move on to step 4
- Enter the Exchange server as "e2k3.srv.cs.cmu.edu", enter the LDAP server as "ldap.srv.cs.cmu.edu", and check the box next to "Use SSL for these servers"
- If prompted to verify settings, click "Skip" each time (it may display that the connection cannot be established - just click "Skip" again)
- Name the account, then click "Finish"
The account will then synchronize for the first time - if this is an existing Exchange account this process may take several minutes. Once the synchronization is complete, the account is successfully configured.