How to run Time Zone Update for Outlook Calendar Users
On Monday February 5th, Windows hosts within the SCS Domain received a Microsoft hotfix that addresses the pending shift in the beginning of Daylight Savings Time (DST). Users that maintain their scheduling activities in Microsoft Outlook also need to run the Time Zone Update tool which will make the adjustment to all events scheduled in Outlook.
If your system has been on the wired SCS network since February 5th, then it is likely your system has been patched. However, if you see the Update Available Shield in your system tray (as shown below), you may still need to launch the hotfix installation. Note that this patch does not require a reboot.
- If you scroll your mouse over to the notification shield, you will be prompted to install available updates as follows:
- Follow all defaults regarding the installation. Once the process is complete, the following screen will appear: available updates as follows:
- At this point you need to download the Time Zone Update application here.
- Following the download, launch the executable file. Check the prompt to accept the license agreement as shown below:
- The applet will initiate and the following screen will appear:
- These default settings will apply to most users. Please make sure that you are logged in to your system with the account that is associated with your Microsft Exchange Account or Personal Folders data file that will be updated.
- The applet will scan your Outlook data file (.pst file) and if events are found that are affected by the DST update, the following screen will appear:
- Click on Details to see the list of appointments to move:
- Clicking on OK will give the following summary screen:
- Clicking on Details will show the status of the events modified by the applet:
- A log is saved to a text file that records the update process:
- At this point the update process is complete. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the SCS Help Center at 8-4231 or send mail to email@example.com.