Support vector machines
- Slides on support vector machines, as PDF or gzipped postscript. (An
old version of the slides is here.) These slides were partly
inspired by, and contain images quoted from, Burges's
tutorial and Stitson
and Weston's tutorial.
- Here is a companion applet which
helps to visualize the version space of a linear classifier.
- Here is a Matlab demo of the
perceptron learning rule.
- Here is some Matlab code which fits a support
vector machine given the matrix of dot products of data points.
This is not really a good way to learn an SVM (try LIBSVM for that);
I just wrote it since I was curious about how it would work.
- Andrew Moore also has some nice slides about SVMs.