15-213 Introduction to Computer Systems
Lecture 27: Multi-Core Architectures
- Chip Multithreading: Opportunities and Challenges
Lawrence Spracklen and Santosh B. Abraham
International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-11), February 2005.
- A Single-Chip Multiprocessor
Lance Hammond, Basem A. Nayfeh and Kunle Olukotun
IEEE Computer Special Issue on "Billion-Transistor Processors", September 1997.
- The Case for a Single-Chip Multiprocessor
Kunle Olukotun, Basem A. Nayfeh , Lance Hammond, Ken Wilson and Kun-Yung Chang
Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Architectural Support for Parallel Languages and Operating Systems, October 1996.
- Slides: 27-multicore.pdf
- Code: none
- Multi-core chip (CMP)
- SIMD and MIMD multiprocessors
- Simultaneous multithreading
- Private and shared caches
- Cache coherence
- Affinity masks
- Process migration
- Previous lecture: Synchronization
- Next lecture: none
| Lab Machines