To build the mousetrap car within our specifications that will
travel the farthest. The car must be built out of approved raw
materials, and the only source of energy for propulsion will be the
spring of a common household mousetrap.
- Building Materials:
- Dimensions / Specifications:
- Max Length - 45 cm.
- Max Width - 20 cm.
- Height - 20 cm.
- Min ground clearance - 4 cm.
- Mass - 2 kg.
C. The Competition
- Teams must submit their car 1/2 hour before the race for
- If the car fails inspection, the team will be given 15 minutes to
modify the car to pass inspection.
- The only stored energy allowed on the vehicle before the race
start will be the mousetrap spring.
- The distance recorded will be measured perpendicular to the starting line
- The cars will run concurrently, and the winner of one run
will be the car that travels farthest.
- The race will consist of three runs, the winner will be the
winner of two or more of the three runs.
- Teams will be given 15 minutes to make repairs or modifications
D. Judging and Scoring
- One point will be awarded to the car that wins each race.
- The winner of the match will be the team with the higher number of points after three races.